Monday

The Importance of Responding to Comments

Oh no, here come the BloggersImage by Brett L. via Flickr

How many times do you see Comments on blogs alone and unanswered on Blog posts. This makes it look like the Blogger is unattentive to His/Her Readers. When someone comments on your post don't see it as a Comment and think you have done well. Make a conversation from it because it's an extension of the post.


It has happened that I have often seen search results that were not a result of the post rather a comment on it. Now what would someone that was new to your site think if they see comments and no response from the blogger. They will think first you are Rude and you don't care about your Readers. Also they will not subscribe to your feed if they think you are like this.

If you make conversation this makes the content larger and will allow a better chance of getting search hits because content is King as they say. Now think about it If you have started the conversation and Don't join in you will have less chance of getting new comments on your following posts. And even worse Subscribers can fall as a Result of non Participation.

So think of your next comments as a kind of chat and respond to them this also works when you comment on other blogs. Try not to believe the Hype that you should only comment on Blogs in your Niche  comment anywhere you have something Interesting to say. I for example Do not write about the Enviorment but I do comment on blogs about Green Ideas , Even on Blogs about Writing



Other blogs I comment on are blogs about Indonesia because the person who writes it puts many comments on this blog  and if you look at his blog it will show you how well he interacts with his Readers and how it should be Done. So it can only do good no matter what kind of blog you have to comment on other blogs some of my best comments on this blog have came from someone that has a blog about a totaly different topic to mine. Bt that does not matter as he is interested in myblog and wishes to comment and I enjoy the conversation he makes and sometimes comment on his blog where I can.

So I would like to thank the people that take time to comment here and maybe you should also as Commenting is as Important as the Post itself sometimes



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , , , , ,