Tuesday

FaceBook users in Digg

Image of Digg 2000 from TwitterImage of Digg 2000

I just got another one of these crappy emails from Digg that I have a new Fan you know what the EMail looks like you probably get them also if you are not a member of Digg then this is what the Email looks like
Hey there! roezer is your latest fan. He became your fan because
he likes what you are up to on Digg and wants to see what you think
is interesting. You can either leave him as a fan or add him to
your own list of friends. Check out his profile here
http://digg.com/users/roezer
Now just say I have become a fan of yours would you not expect to check your submitted posts to have an Extra Digg on them . No of course not because that was one of these Marketering fans that logs in with his facebook account and becomes a fan of everyone but does not Digg a thing It make me wonder if he went to the bother of joining my fanclub why on Earth did he not digg me .This would have lead me to have some kind of Interest in him but I did check him out he had Submitted 3 posts and Dugg notting but became a fan of maybe 30 or more I did not count exactly them it just looked like about 30 in my eyes . But this is a Classic example of too much Facebook and the whole Twitter thing with Followers. Become a Fan to sell your product I think that has a conversion rate of about 0.00001 % if it work at all would you buy from a sales person that did not even talk to you.

That might Work in a Supermarket but not Online which reminds me of one time when I got sick of this woman never saying thank you when I was checking out so one day after a hard days work I was there with about €20 in food which was quite a few items in Germany at the time, but she just put out her Hand for the money and I put my hand out in a jesture asking Does that mean the same in your Langugage. Now I would make that Very same jesture to those Internet Marketers and Bury them these
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am not a fan of Digg myself if you want to follow someone follow on there blog. I do not see any use for following anybody on Digg.

19:54  
Anonymous ando said...

your blog very interesting, i hope you come to my blog...

23:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think some peoples see this as their instrument to sale their product, they seem forget about building a relationship is very important in selling product. I am not blogging for bussiness purpose or getting money from internet but if I was looking money from internet bussiness,of course I will build a relationship before introduce my product. Sometimes not understand why they can forget about the most important thing in doing bussiness.

11:54  
Blogger faizalnizam said...

hey Chris.. wow.. u got new face too for your blog... it's cool man.. :D

just to let you know that I have put your link on my blog..

have a great day man!

never use Digg..

12:23  
Blogger Wild River Guitar said...

Thanks for you comments keep them coming ocscar started off with a good point following anyone on digg is a waste of time and as Rad pointed out the most important thing in business is Being Personal and Interacting with your customer be they only a potential buyer or a lifetime buyer you always have to Remember this and it goes for everybody even Microsoft and Google know and use this. Also I can see that my changes have been noticed thank you Fyzal for the complement and the blogroll.I visited you ando and thanks for your interest

15:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home