Friday

Is Fresh content a SEO Myth

Should you Abandon your Blog for a While in Order to Get More Search Traffic?. I have read a few post's Lately where People have Stopped Posting and then Got more Traffic. According to many SEO Geeks they say fresh content and google Loves it but these Posts were Saying the Opposite.


Let's look at why Fresh content is So Important. It is Important for News Stories for a Start and Some Tech blogs who want to Get the Breaking Stories on the Latest Technical News this is fine but what about Normal day to day Blogs and Online Journals is it a Good idea for them to Abandon their Blog for a few weeks.


I have noticed that when I search it is generally Older Blogs maybe 2 years or more that come up in the Results and Not the fresh content and I think it is something to Do with the Term that you are Searching For and Not that it is Fresh Content Or Not.


Another thing is your AdSense Earnings I was Talking to A blog Friend of Mine Today about this That Everytime I publish my eCPM goes Back to Zero and as he has a Blog about Earning $100 a Day with Adsense .I thought I would Mention it because his Blog Deals with the Theory side of Earning with AdSense and Ways to Improve your Earnings. It is a Very Interesting Blog if you Wish to Read what he Says about this Topic of Earning "Money with your Blog" and it's Also  a Good Place to See which Methods that He has Tried in Order to Make Money with His Blog.


So who are we To Believe about this Whole Fresh Content Idea and is it Just another SEO Myth that they write about because SEO Blogs don't seem to update Very often and Have you Stopped Posting and Seen an Increase in Traffic to your blog.I understand that Normal Online Journals would have to update Daily because of High Readership in Order to keep Readers Interested but Sometimes is Posting Fresh Content Everyday is Not a Good Idea For All blogs.


Would it Not Be a Better Idea to Write a Blog Post and Go find Related Post's and comment on them until that Page has Built up a Considerable Amount of Incoming Links in Online communities. Saying this I am Also thinking about the Fact that if I leave My blog for a While I will Loose Blog Readers so which is the Best Idea to Post or Not to Post Everyday




Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looking for specific conclusion, which one better for personal blog.

05:39  
Blogger Wild River Guitar said...

If it is a True Personal Blog SEO is not that Important. But what I am Trying To Discuss here is if you Were to leave your Blog for a Month or Two would your Traffic From Search Engines Increase.I am Hoping Someone that Has left their Blog unattended for Some time Could Give their Opinion on this Topic

06:34  
Anonymous Kaja said...

Where did you hear this from? Seem interesting but I don't think it's true because so many SEO masters claim that fresh content is important. Although.. no one truly knows how google and other search engines operate. It's all speculation really.

16:26  
Blogger Wild River Guitar said...

This is The First Result for the search QueryMake Broadband Fasterfor Example this is From 2001

13:08  
Anonymous Los Angeles Web Design said...

If you want to have a great reputation on Google SERP, create a good, quality and unique content for your site. Surely it will help a lot for you especially when you are doing search engine optimization and there's a great possibility having a good pagerank.

22:31  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home