Tracking your Own Visits in Analytics
I have a page that seems to be very popular it's called blogger rearrange id.Now after seeing may tips and tricks for Analytics about applying filters to block my own visits.Here are two that I have tried .1 adding a cookie and 2 Blocking IP Address Both of them unsuccessful.The Problem with Analytic on small or Low traffic sites is how am I supposed to know where my Visits went when I am my Own Biggest visitor.I goto Site Overlay click patterns and I learn noting new about the navigation of my site and when I am looking at the site navigation I am registering more Visits and Confusing myself even more.
It's Great if you have many Visitors
Don't get me Wrong I think for a free tool it has many functions and When you get lots of traffic google analytic s is a Very helpful tool but if you don't you are just confusing yourself and wasting time that could be used promoting your site or working on content.Another option is Site meter this is a very detailed and gives lots of information.But it comes at a cost you can pay for it or use the free version which has a default option of blocking your IP just with one click simple.Now the "problem with the free version", Is that you have to put a badge on your homepage and a Badge is there to promote site-meter and get more people to use it.and it serves it's function.If I come to a site and see something like that I know I can find out more about the site statistical and I am curious about how much traffic the site gets.So I go and make the mistake of getting one myself.Why do I call it a mistake,Because I am doing the same thing that person done putting it on my blog and when people come to my page they are going to do the Same and get a "free widget for my blog".
Not a Good Idea
Free always comes at a cost and this is very true.After I get this Widget I am playing around with it and forget all about your page and the chances of me returning are close to 0.Because I only remember the gadget from your Blog and not your content.Then as you look at the Stats for your site you will notice the most popular outgoing link is this Gadget.
This goes for all Gadgets
Think about the things you have on you blog and where they are leading your visitors and ask,Is it helping my traffic or driving it away.If you put these gadgets on your site make sure they are using this command.
a new window
I will Just have to wait until they add the option to stop tracing my visits because the filters do not work.So I am going to wait until they add the option to Analytics to Stop your own Visits being recorded because it's free and I just have to live with it unless I pay for Analytics
It's Great if you have many Visitors
Don't get me Wrong I think for a free tool it has many functions and When you get lots of traffic google analytic s is a Very helpful tool but if you don't you are just confusing yourself and wasting time that could be used promoting your site or working on content.Another option is Site meter this is a very detailed and gives lots of information.But it comes at a cost you can pay for it or use the free version which has a default option of blocking your IP just with one click simple.Now the "problem with the free version", Is that you have to put a badge on your homepage and a Badge is there to promote site-meter and get more people to use it.and it serves it's function.If I come to a site and see something like that I know I can find out more about the site statistical and I am curious about how much traffic the site gets.So I go and make the mistake of getting one myself.Why do I call it a mistake,Because I am doing the same thing that person done putting it on my blog and when people come to my page they are going to do the Same and get a "free widget for my blog".
Not a Good Idea
Free always comes at a cost and this is very true.After I get this Widget I am playing around with it and forget all about your page and the chances of me returning are close to 0.Because I only remember the gadget from your Blog and not your content.Then as you look at the Stats for your site you will notice the most popular outgoing link is this Gadget.
This goes for all Gadgets
Think about the things you have on you blog and where they are leading your visitors and ask,Is it helping my traffic or driving it away.If you put these gadgets on your site make sure they are using this command.
a new window
I will Just have to wait until they add the option to stop tracing my visits because the filters do not work.So I am going to wait until they add the option to Analytics to Stop your own Visits being recorded because it's free and I just have to live with it unless I pay for Analytics

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home